To facilitate the current discussion on our blog on terrorism, I am providing some relevant links.
1. The National Investigation Agency Bill, 2008.
2. The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Bill, 2008. (Courtesy: 1&2 from the PRS website)
3.Debate in Lok Sabha on December 17, 2008.. (Synopsis, from p.5). The Lok Sabha debate on December 17 may be read fully here. Debate in Rajya Sabha on December 18 may be read here.
4. Letter written by Prof.V.S.Mani on the legal duty to prevent and restrain militant activities on one's soil. This was in response to the CJI's article describing it as a moral duty.
5. FIA alone may not be sufficient to reform our security - article by Radha Kumar.
6. Subramanian Swamy says Government can invoke Article 22(3)of the Constitution to deprive Kasab, any possible legal assistance as required under Article 22(1) by treating him as an enemy alien. (A recent decision of the Madras High Court on whether such action is legal can be read here) However, Kasab was not treated as an enemy alien, as he was produced before the Magistrate within 24 hours of his arrest under IPC, a requirement which could be dispensed with for an enemy alien.