1. Lord Bingham's 2008 Grotius Lecture at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law on Nov.17 and Arvind Sivaramakrishnan's article in The Hindu on Judicial Compensation for Legislative Weakness.
ADDENDA: Thanks to Dilip, I got two more relevant links: A. Attorney General Lord Goldsmith's 2003 advice to the British Prime Minister (marked Secret!) B.Martin Kettle in this Guardian piece, articulates the possible objections to Bingham's lecture.
2. Administrative Reforms Commission's 9th report on Social Capital: A shared destiny. The report recommends many new reforms in civil service appointments, performance and continuation of service.
3. Background documents on PRS' recent Conference on Effective Legislatures.
4.CJI's Law Day address at the SCBA function.
5. CJI's Law Day address to the Nation
6. Association for Democratic Reforms's post-election analysis: Delhi, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
Here is its report for all the States which went to the polls recently.
7.Arundhati Roy's 9 is not 11