The Magazine Committee of Government Law College, Mumbai, has called for papers for the 12th Vyas – Government Law College National Legal Essay Competition. The winners receive a cash prize and the top two essays are published in méLAWnge, the annual college magazine. The competition is judged by sitting judges of the Bombay High Court. The 11th edition of this competition was judged by Hon’ble Shri Justice J. P. Devadhar, Hon’ble Shri Justice V. M. Kanade, Hon’ble Shri Justice A. S. Oka, Hon’ble Shri Justice S. J. Kathawalla, Hon’ble Shri Justice K. K. Tated, Hon’ble Smt Justice Bhatkar amongst several others.
This year's topics are:
(1) Discuss the role of the Higher Education Bill, 2011 in the growth, development and regulation of education in India.
(2) The Real Estate (Regulation & Development) Bill, 2011- A step toward greater transparency in the Real Estate sector?
(3) The GAAR effect- is India ready for the proposed General Anti-Avoidance Rules?
(4) Do we require faster and more efficient modes of adjudication of inter- state water disputes in India?
(5) Examine the impact of the judgment in Natco v Bayer and its significance for developing countries in the field of compulsory licensing.
The committee also organizes the Belles-Lettres J.E. Dastur Memorial Government Law College Short Fiction Essay Writing Competition, which has been judged by authors like Gregory Roberts and Ruskin Bond in the past.
For more information please visit www.glcmag.com or write to email@example.com